Welcome to DemiCon
Thank you for visiting the DemiCon 25 website.
Welcome to DemiCon 25: HI-YO, SILVER! CELEBRATE AWAY! We invite you to help DemiCon celebrate its Silver Anniversary on May 2-4, 2014, with a steampunk theme. Plans and some of the contests are well underway. Check out guests of honor, register, participate in the early contests and make your hotel room reservation.
If you’ve attended DemiCon in the past, you already know that you are family, and we eagerly welcome you back each year. The DemiCon ConCom (convention committee) says “hello” and thanks you for joining us again this year. It will be great to see you!
If you have never been to DemiCon, this is the year to become part of our family and celebrate the Silver Anniversary with us! We know that something like this can be a little bit overwhelming, and we’re here to help you enjoy the con and start your collection of fond DemiCon memories. If you wish to see a small tour of the convention space, please click "Tour the Home of DemiCon."
The following is an overview of what to expect at DemiCon when you first arrive.
The convention opens on Friday, May 2, at 2 p.m., and runs around the clock until Sunday, May 4, ending at 4 p.m. after Closing Ceremonies. You can attend for one day or for the whole weekend.
Step 1: When you arrive at the convention, you will need to register for a badge. If you registered on-line prior to the con, your check-in will go faster because your badge will be ready and waiting for you.
Click to view "What to Expect for DemiCon Preregistration" (the check-in process if you purchase your DemiCon membership on-line before the con) or "What to Expect for DemiCon At-the-Door Registration."
You might think, "Badge... I don't need no stinkin' badge." Well, actually, you do. This allows DemiCon staff to know that you are part of the convention and entitled to attend the activities. DemiCon does not "own" the hotel, so please wear your badge at all times at the convention.
So where do I need to go to register and get my membership/badge?
Follow the signs in the hotel lobby to the open stairway. At the bottom of the stairs, turn left and enter the second door on your right, which will have “Registration” signage.Bring your ID and your means of payment to purchase your membership.
DemiCon offers multiple levels of one-day and full-weekend memberships. The Explorer memberships have a lower fee, and allow you to access the two floors of the convention where the programming is held, but not the fifth floor, which is the location of the Hospitality Suite (aka ConSuite) and also the party floor at night. If you start with one of the Explorer memberships, then fall in love with DemiCon and decide to stay longer or spend time on the fifth floor, you can upgrade your membership. The price of your Explorer membership is applied toward the upgraded membership.
Step 2: Once you are registered and have your badge (which you must wear in a visible location at all times when roaming the convention), be sure to browse the other tables in the Registration room, and take note of the Hub's location.
Step 3: The convention is now open to your own quest. If you purchased a full-access membership, you will receive a bag of goodies which includes a pocket program and a program book to help you find out what is happening. Feel free to ask anyone for advice about which events and panels might be of the most interest to you. We recommend that you include the following in your plans:
At the top of this site’s pages, you will find these drop-down menus.
- Registration — Click to see the various types of DemiCon membership, and to register for the convention, hotel room, Art Show, Dealer Room, and more. A few of our convention events might require that you reserve your place in advance, and this is where you can register for those special activities. (If you wait until the weekend of the con to request a place in one of the limited-seating events, we can’t guarantee there will be a spot for you.)
- Guests — Please explore this menu to find out about the exciting guests who will be at DemiCon 25. This list of amazingly talented people keeps growing, so check back again later, too.
- Programming — This menu allows you to view the program schedule. (This is in flux and jiggles like Jell-O until about three weeks prior to the con.) Here, you can browse the grid of one- and two-hour convention events.
- Venue — This is further programming information, but instead of the one- and two-hour events, you’ll see the areas whose themes continue all weekend, such as Gaming, Music, and Animé.
- Volunteers — DemiCon is run by volunteers, and we can't do it without you. Take a look at the volunteer opportunities and sign up. If you are not sure about what’s involved, watch our educational videos found here. We’ll be adding more videos, so visit again later.
- Forum — We want to hear from you! DemiCon is the sci-fi people’s convention. What would you like to see at DemiCon?
- FAQ — Learn more about DemiCon.
- Links — Find other conventions, as well as certain groups that have attended DemiCon. Learn a little bit about the language of the con, also.
We welcome you! If you have any questions, please ask. See you at DemiCon 25!