Please follow the instructions below to sign-up and donate blood at DemiCon
Blood donors have a unique opportunity to contribute to their community
by making a life-saving blood donation. Everyone who registers to donate
blood goes through four simple steps during the donation process: registration,
donor history screening, donating blood and enjoying snacks.
New blood donors who are not familiar with the blood donation process are
encouraged to ask questions before, during and after their blood donation.
Below are a few tips for ensuring a successful blood donation:
- If you are 16 or 17 years old and you have never donated blood with LifeServe
- Blood Center, be sure to get a signed Parental/Guardian Permission Form.
- Get a good night sleep before your blood donation.
- Eat a good meal before donating blood.
- Do not donate on an empty stomach.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Bring identification pre-printed with your name.
Schedule your appointment to save a life today! To view the date, time
and location for upcoming blood drives, please click the make an
appointment link at the end of this email or call
LifeServe Blood Center at 800-287-4903.
The Blood Center of Iowa and Siouxland Community Blood Bank
are now LifeServe Blood Center. Your donation is very important
and will save lives. Thank you for being a contributor to your local
community blood center.